Wednesday, February 23, 2022

New Landscape Quilt



The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day.

So I started on the winter oak landscape and I am loving it. It isn't quite finished, but I think the rest of the details will be added with machine stitches, rather than gluing on more fabric or trying to change colours with markers.

So now it is pinned to the batting and backing fabric and ready for some free-motion quilting. I may add a hint of sunshine to the leaves with gold thread, because the markers just aren't doing it. Gold thread may pick up the glint that I am after. And the dry grasses that are in the snow will be added by stitches as well. A slow process but a fascinating one. More later.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt looks amazing! I have several unfinished quilts myself. I tend to start them, but never finish them. Although I have been inspired to finish at least one a winter.

    ReplyDelete

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...