Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas present to me!


After all the shopping for everyone else was done, I took a look at Blackbird Fabrics to see if there was anything new there.  I had also been intrigued by Lladybird's latest pair  of jeans made in non-stretch denim. Since I came of age in the 70's, when we all lived in jeans, this called to me.


The black is the denim, the two prints are both rayons in a nice wide width, and the plaid is a very light cotton/rayon blend.  This last one is just gorgeous and I can hardly wait to sew it up. It will become a shirt of course.  

The print on the left is a little too orange for my taste, as in I know I would never wear it, so I may give it to my Texan daughter who does wear orange. She is tiny and can probably make a Kalle shirtdress out of it. 


Meanwhile I am still sewing the black/red plaid shirt but a knee injury has kept me from navigating the steps down to the basement. I may get down there today, I hope so.

We go to Texas in less than a month and I definitely need some new clothes to wear. I read Girls in the Garden and am so impressed with Lori's output.  She must have a huge closet to hang all those great clothes she turns out so regularly. I would only have to do laundry every two weeks if I had that many tops in circulation. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...