Monday, December 30, 2019

Red Plaid Shirt


When I was taking a quilting class this fall, I saw a red/black flannel plaid that I just could not pass up. I could see a shirt in this and I did just that.

Using a tried-and-true pattern from Kwik Sew (don't have the number handy at the moment), I cut it out single-layer to ensure accurate plaid matching. I cut the pocket, yokes, collar and cuffs on the bias.  But the inner yoke, under collar and inside cuffs were cut on the straight of grain to prevent stretching out with wear.


Now the question is: should I make my husband one as well?  or is that too kitchy?  






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...