Monday, January 6, 2020

Burda 6632


In a lovely rayon challis from Blackbird Fabrics, this is Burda 6632 with  the long sleeves.
The only alterations I made to this pattern were to shorten the body and the sleeves of the pieces. Other than that, I cut the size 16 as is, knowing that the pleats would provide plenty of ease in this garment.

Burda Style Pattern 6632 Misses' Blouse

I will definitely be making this pattern again. The front piece is sewn double to the neckline but then it spits and opens up to be sewn down the front.  This gives the impression of a center front opening, but there is none.  You can sew buttons to this if desired and I could see that fancy metallic buttons on a nice silk would make this a dressed-up version easily.

I can also see this without sleeves as a nice cool top for hot summer days.
On the front, the three pleats fold towards the sleeve and this, on me anyways, seems to de-emphasize the bustline. On the back, the small pleats fold toward the centre and bring all the fullness into the middle of the back. The back hemline is also slightly longer than the front, which gives a pleasing effect.  The colour in the second photo is more accurate, it is a deep winey burgundy.










No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...