Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Pad-stitching the collar

The collar on the Jasika blazer is cut differently than most tailored collars. The top collar is one piece, but the undercollar is cut in two pieces, one piece is called the stand. I have made one jacket with a collar like this before and it is lovely. I also noticed that my store-bought jean jacket has a collar made this way as well. I think the collar stand cut separately helps the collar to roll nicely.

The seam is just below the roll on the collar; I have pinned the finished collar to my ham to keep its shape until I am ready to sew it onto the jacket body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...