Thursday, August 19, 2021

Dahlias in August

I planted 21 dahlia tubers, not sure how many have come up and not all have bloomed yet. A couple haven't even set buds which is disappointing. But the ones that have bloomed are stunning. I will try to list their names below the photo. All of these will be wintered over and divided, if it works out, to make even more dahlia blooms next summer.
I don't know the name of this one, but it is a lovely semi-cactus dahlia in soft pink
Linda's Baby showing up peachy coral as in the catalog
I think this one is Linda's Baby; two different colours on the same plant
I don't know the name of this one
I think this is Jowey Linda
Esli dahlia, by far the most blooms of all
Creve Couer, the tallest dahlia in deep fuchsia, this bloom is 7 inches across
Cafe au Lait dahlia in gorgeous shades of taupe and blush
Cafe au Lait, showing pale pink on the outer petals
Cafe au Lait dahlia, this one is pale yellow on the same plant
Small pompom dahlia that wintered over from last year

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...