Sunday, May 3, 2020

First Spring Flowers


We wait a long time for flowers in this zone 3B so pardon me if I think this small display is just wonderful to behold.


So glad I added more crocus to this bed last fall. Must add many more for next year. These are the very first flowers to bloom here. Right next to the remaining snow banks. 



And glory-of-the-snow in this small bed. Chionodoxa is their biological name.  Must put in more of these as well. Once they bloom, they just fade away so you don't have to deal with dying foliage as you do with daffs and tulips. 

I have also transplanted the tomato seedlings into larger pots where they will continue to grow until it is time to put them into the garden. There are 12 Celebrity tomato plants and 9 cherry tomatoes. I also weeded another raised bed yesterday and was surprised to find it was frozen just 4 inches below the surface. This bed will be planted with potatoes if I can find some seed potatoes for sale. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...