Monday, March 8, 2021

Landscape quilt finished

Wallhanging finished and hung up

I have finished all the sewing on my second landscape quilt wall-hanging. I can see lots of things that need improving, such as using fusible web when applying large pieces of fabric. The bird house and the window would have been better if I had done that, less rippling would have occurred. But I figure it is all a learning curve and I am content to leave this one as is. Things that I see could be improved will be incorporated into my next and subsequent efforts. I already have another one in mind. It is interesting that the part I found the hardest, the leaves, has turned out to be my favourite aspect of this. Perhaps it is the colour, but I just love the leaf section.
The project is still mounted on the styrofoam board that I used to work on it. This also serves for blocking my knits. Such a useful piece of styrofoam. I will hang this wall hanging on a wall, once I figure out where to put it. It is called "All in the Family" because that is what the original artist called his painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...