Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 26, 2020


Finally a day of rain yesterday. So very  needed.


The honeysuckle is full of  blooms for the first time.


A  quick  fire hydrangea will have a lot of  blossoms this year. It is the first hydrangea to show its blooms coming.


A plant  that I didn't remember planting - turns out to be a weigela that blossoms  white, then turns deep pink. It  is gorgeous.


Poppies!   just love their flamboyance.


 And behind the poppies is the first  weigela I  planted:  sonic bloom red. Doing well, despite the dog's numerous forays into this corner.


 Potatoes just  starting to flower and no sign of potato  bugs- yeah!


 And my favourite bed at  the moment:  the gingko bed with white salvia, several daylilies, a goose-neck loose strife, gaillardia and many many cosmos dotted throughout the bed.


Oh,  my  poor climbing hydrangea. I have moved it yet again to get it away from the dog's chases after squirrels. There are few leaves on it, but it has a sizeable root system and I'm hoping that it can recover and take off in this new location.









No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...