Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Update on winter sowing

Hooray! yesterday I was doing some cleanup in the garden, and checked on my bottles. A recent high wind knocked about 10 of them onto the ground and those look a little beat up. I don't know if the seeds will be able to make it through the soil now, as they were knocked around and are not near the surface in all likelihood. However, one bottle had a little sprout! this was Bachelor's Buttons, planted on Feb 14. And today, I noticed a sprout in the lupins bottle sown on Jan 25, another sprout in a second bottle of Bachelor's buttons sown on Mar 8, and 2 sprouts in the bottle with wild flax sown on Feb. 28. This is exciting. We have a couple of chilly days until Saturday when the temps will warm up and all of next week looks warm, plus the nighttime temps are all above zero. I expect there will be more sprouts coming with the warmer temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...