Thursday, April 15, 2021

Interfacing progress on Jasika Blazer

I have basted the hair canvas to the fronts of the jacket. And also cut a chest shield to double up the interfacing in the upper shoulder area, this often collapses in a tailored jacket unless you have big pectoral muscles. Since I had already basted the hair canvas to the fronts, I had to baste the extra shield piece carefully by hand to the interfacing only, taking care not to stitch through to the jacket fabric. This could have been machine stitched if I had thought about it beforehand. I have also catch stitched the hair canvas to the shoulder seam. Now I am ready for the pad stitching which should take a bit of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...