Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Jasika Blazer progress

Getting ready for the big step of pad-stitching. I sewed up the darts in the front and sewed the front jacket pieces to the side panels. I want the hair canvas to be one piece, extending under the arm. Now I am ready to baste the hair canvas to the fabric so that it won't shift during the pad-stitching. And I have to mark the roll line for the lapel. I am also going to sew an extra piece of interfacing at the shoulder to prevent the "caving in" that often happens with jackets in that area. I have also fused a square of interfacing over the area for the welt pockets. This linen is ravelly and I can't see making welt pockets without some fusible there to hold everything together. When in doubt, interface!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...