Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Sewing and Knitting





A pair of socks made with Italian sock yarn, bought from KnitPicks while I was in Texas. I was excited when I  started the second sock and realised that they were going to match!  But look  what happened at the toe on sock number 2.  Suddenly the yarn had a different stripe and everything changed from there on. Not that it matters all that much, but I was a little bummed when they matched so well to that point. Oh well, it wasn't my doing, is all I can say.


A birthday present for Sarah who turns 8 on Saturday. I had everything but the buttons in my stash, including the pattern, and I think it is adorable. This was a cotton purchased to make myself a blouse, but really it will look much better on a very cute little girl. 

There is a  matching pair of shorts that I will make, so that Sarah can run and play without worrying about her knickers  showing. And the latest rage is a ponytail scarf. I made four on Saturday for the grand-daughters and their mother grabbed one right away and tied it in her own hair. I have to say that mustard yellow is  Elena's best colour. She has very dark skin, with an olive undertone, and those strong colours look great on her. I will try to get a picture.









No comments:

Post a Comment

New Landscape Quilt

The other landscape quilt isn't panning out, I just can't get into it so I thought put it away for another day. So I started o...